Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2011 Non-Resolution Resolutions

So this is it.  This is the year that I am going to have the body of Jennifer Aniston - flat tummy with no jiggle, lean, slender arms with visible deltoids even when not flexing (think Michele Obama), and toned legs.  I'll be able to hold a crow pose and a headstand without using the wall as training wheels in yoga class.  I'll run the Marine Corps Marathon faster than Oprah did.  And, I'll start enjoying exercise.

I'm also turning 30.  3-0.  The front number change, I haven't quite been able to accept it.  In fact, I've already spent the better part of my 29th year trying to prepare myself for the 30th.  30 just sounds old to me.  I'm sure when I'm turning 40, I'll be saying the same thing wishing I was actually turning 30 again.  In the meantime, I will use the mantra - 30 is the new 20.  

In 2011, I will date many amazing, wonderful men with impeccable manners, soaring professional careers, with stories of worldly travels, and desires to make me happy regardless of what they need to do to accomplish it.  I will find one - just one, that's all you need - who will be mi media naranja, who makes me happier than a clam and a makes me want to be a better person.  

Professionally, I will excel at being a federal employee - accomplishing enough to make me a shining star - but not too much, so as not to annoy my fellow co-workers or stress me out.  I don't get paid enough to get stressed out (and Obama cemented that by signing a bill to freeze COLA (cost of living adjustments - yes, we use a bazillion acronyms in the government) for all federal employees.  I do still have a guaranteed raise after one year of service in the government.  That will be coming in July.  Whoo hoo!  

Personally, I will be the best sister, daughter, and friend that I can be.  But most importantly, I will take care of myself. Because if you don't take care of yourself, you can't take care of anyone else. Exercise, eating right (organically, from Whole Foods), and taking time to do things that I like to do - reading, writing, photography, and cooking.

Yes,  
2011 is going to be my year.  

Of course, I believed that about 2010 and we all know how that panned out.  With that said, there will be no resolutions this year - just small steps each day towards accomplishing these goals.  I will try hard to not get angry with myself when I don't follow my own advice.  Instead, I will get a good night of sleep and promise myself that everything looks better in the morning and tomorrow is a new day. 

Lastly, I vow to explore this new city of mine and learn and discover as much as I possibly can.  I am living in a real-life museum with history emanating from every nook and cranny.  I will take advantage of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment