Sunday, June 19, 2011

Philly takes over the Jersey Shore.

I look forward to the day that I may have a family of my own to bring to the jersey shore - south jersey that is. I love seeing the husbands and wives, boyfriends and girlfriends working as a team from getting each other coffee and the Sunday Philadelphia Inquirer at the wawa, to getting themselves to the beach, to seeing their favorite coverband play at the Springfield, year after year. I love the phillies gear that everyone wears along with the Philly accent. I love that bands poll the audience first asking who's from DelCo and South Philly. Where I grew up, it's a part of me, and it's something special. People have personality for days. They know how to let go and have a good time, but they also know the meanin of working hard. Maybe it's the blue collar heritage that lives on in Philly that has shaped those who grew up there and it's surrounding suburbs. All I know is that people from the Philly area are good for one thing: Passion. Passion for their city and they're sports teams. Passion for working hard and playing even harder. And passion for their family and close friends. But Philly people love other Philly people. They get it. They understand. It's like we're all in this together, against the rest of the world. As Caroline (from RHNJ) would say, we're as thick as thieves and we'll protect each other til the end. Oh Caroline. Anyways, Go Phils!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment