Monday, August 8, 2011

A much needed break.


With my time in Miami, I should have done some more writing and photo uploading and reading, but I really just didn’t feel like it.  I really felt like doing a whole lot of nothing.  So that is what I did and I feel much more relaxed and rejuvenated.  My spirit and aura are brighter and less frazzled.  My patience and thirst for life have been replenished.  (As Vicki Gunvalson would say, my love tank is still empty – but that’s another story for another day.  Ha!)   

A trip to Miami by myself was exactly what the doctor ordered.  Now I actually feel like I am bursting to write and read.  I revisited the book writing this past weekend after getting back to DC.  Before actually putting any more words on my virtual paper, I went back and reread some of what I have previously written, and I must say, it’s pretty damn good.  It’s funny, whitty, and rather clearly written.  I’m impressed with myself!  I also started to read this quite funny memoir called Mennonite in the Little Black Dress by Rhonda Janzen.  It’s quite funny, somewhat brash, and refreshing – it reminds me of my own style of writing.  I mention this because it inspires me to keep writing knowing that there are similar styles of writing that have been published.

With that said, I’m also back at work.  Really, really did not want to come into my office this morning.  Had Sunday Syndrome in full effect yesterday – the hangover, the anxiety for the work week to start, the desire for just one more day of the weekend to just lay in bed and do nothing.  Full on Sunday Syndrome.  It’s not too bad to be back though.  Decided to ease back into the whole work thing.  Doing my rounds and catching up with everyone and taking my time going through my inbox.  I just found out (about 2 hours ago) that my position at work will likely be expanded and so I get to learn new skills and increase my portfolio.  I’m excited!  

Coming up next, a Miami post with some cool pics from my trip and an update on running and the charity date auction.  Fun fun!  

Did I mention that I may just start posting song lyrics??  I’m obsessed with several songs at the moment – all country.  Who am I?  Where did this girl come from?  Country???  Yes, country.  You heard me right.  I like it now.  Another topic for another day…

Okay, Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment