Thursday, August 11, 2011

Running is Getting Better.

A running update finally!  Okay, so running has been going great!  I've been feeling like my fitness levels have been increasing and running is not as painful or awful as it was before.  In other words, I don't hate every step I take.  This is good progress for me.  I find that I have periods where I start to get in the groove and I just feel like I am coasting.  On longer runs this typically happens between 4 and 7 miles.  And my 3 mile runs are becoming much much easier.  I even ran on Monday without music and it wasn't a problem.  

With all of these great things said though, I have a 12 miler on Friday morning.  I'm scared.  I'm scared about over-heating, feeling like crap, and wanting to die.  I will be in pain afterward and probably in bed early on Friday night.  It's for the Kids of St. Jude though!  

Speaking of them, planning for the charity date auction is coming along.  I met with the ladies who work at the DC chapter of St. Jude on Friday.  They are being very helpful and informative and providing us with some St. Jude schwag.  Yay!  Next, I need to hear back from the events coordinator at the bar where this will be held and Friday I may start going from one restaurant to the next in hopes that they will donate gift certificates.  So probably the first really big important week in my training in terms of mileage and fundraising... wish me luck!  [Or as they say in Italian, augurimi la fortuna!]

And I almost forgot... see pics below from this weekend after my long run.  My weight on the scale is holding steady, but my body fat percent is falling while my muscle percent is creeping up!  And my clothes fit better!  Yay!  Go me!  [Please note: The long photos are taken with skinny mirrors, so it's a bit of an optical illusion.  I'm not that tall or skinny - hahah.  But I'll take it!]  

love love.  ~Mel



2 comments:

  1. wow! you should be extremely proud! i wasn't sure if your run was this past friday or next friday, but if it already passed I'm sure you did wonderful especially because it was for such a great cause! keep up the good work! :)

    http://xoxo-carolinalove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dania - Thank you! My race is not until October... training is forever! Thank you for the encouragement though! I'm going to need it to get through the next couple of months. Stay tuned, I'm going to post soon about my fundraiser. :) Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete